Pages

Translate

Thursday, June 4, 2020

DFI Day 5

The hotspots were really valuable for me today.

Hapara

I didn't realise how useful the blog post and comment section on the teacher dashboard was and now that I know how to find it easilyI can see the benefits of using this to increase my workflow. 


Visibility

I used to think that making myself visible was quite scary, however once I got comfortable with blogging and using my classroom website I found this part of the pedagogy easier to do. It occurred to me during lockdown that I didn't really enjoy videoing myself let alone publishing it warts and all for the public to view. I then realised that the content of the video was really what people were wanting to see ...not me.... and this changed my perception. In speaking with the tamariki, they love using the classroom website where everything is visible, there are no issues with sharing and access and they can rewind their learning whenever the want to. 

Multi-Modal

I'm a big fan of multi-modal and remember focusing on this for my MIT inquiry using writing as the curriculum area. I can see the huge benefits in this approach and transferring this approach across other learning areas makes so much sense. I enjoyed the presentation unpacking the 2 parts to multi-modal as explained below in the images.

A Chance to Level Up

This was a chance to create our very own multi-modal reading resource and it was a great time sharing ideas in a small group and having an expert on hand. I felt a lot ore comfortable creating from scratch a template using google draw which I guess is an indicator of progress rather than adapting someone elses. I had lots of fun and I thik I may have cracked a layout which  can reuse over and over again that is eye cathing and simple to follow. The other feature that I like with this template that I have created is that it explicitly has learn, create and share spaces and visibility also features with the blog post requirement. 

Here is a link to my multi-modal page and resource. 


Website development

I love my classroom website, the layout and feeling that I get when I share it with the tamariki. It really does reflect our classroom culture and I know that the tamariki enjoy using it too. I have spent alot of time creating it and learning along the way has been empowering. There are still many things for me to learn however and so today having some time to play around was a real treat.


Another fantastic day with loads of learning for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Heather,
    Glad to hear you found the Hapara Hot Tips worthwhile. I agree Hapara is a powerful tool and one that has been developed for our needs in Aotearoa - Yay!
    Remember to share the content on your site so anyone can view - some embedded content is not viewable. You can test this out by viewing you site in an incognito window.

    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog for Day 5 Heather. It helped me to reflect on the day myself and to see how your learnings are supported using visual props. Thank you Kataraina

    ReplyDelete